By consistently making your monthly payments on time and taking a responsible approach to your personal finances, your credit score will steadily climb until you have excellent credit. Having a high credit score will open many doors and you’ll be eligible for the most enticing credit card offers, which can include lower interest rates, higher monthly limits, and great perks. Once you have an excellent credit score, getting approved for a credit card will not be an issue, and you’ll have your choice to select the card most suited to your needs. Here are 5 of the best credit cards for individuals with excellent credit, in no particular order:
The Citi Simplicity® Card, from our partner Citi®, rewards people with excellent credit by eliminating all fees from their monthly statements. With this card, you’ll never have to suffer from late fees, penalty rates, and annual fees, even beyond the first year. One of the outstanding perks of using a Citi Simplicity® Card is the initial APR rate, which lasts far longer than those offered by many of its competitors. Moreover, gaining access to first-rate customer service is easier than ever, and you’ll be able to connect with a representative on the phone without waiting.
- Enjoy a one-time bonus of 50,000 miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $500 in travel
- Earn unlimited 2X miles per dollar on every purchase, every day
- New! Earn 10 miles per dollar on hotels when you pay with your Venture card at hotels.com/venture; learn more at hotels.com/venture
- Fly any airline, stay at any hotel, anytime
- Travel when you want with no blackout dates
- Miles won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how many you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year; $95 after that
- Earn cash back twice on every purchase with unlimited 1% cash back when you buy, plus an additional 1% as you pay for those purchases.
- Balance Transfers do not earn cash back
- 0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers for 18 months. After that, the variable APR will be 14.74% - 24.74% based on your creditworthiness*
- Click 'Apply Now' to see the applicable balance transfer fee and how making a balance transfer impacts interest on purchases.
- No categories to track, no caps on cash back, no annual fee*
- Enjoy 40,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 90 days - that's enough to redeem for a $400 travel statement credit toward an eligible travel purchase
- Earn 2X miles on all purchases
- Get 5% miles back to use toward your next redemption, every time you redeem
- Miles don't expire as long as your account is open, active and in good standing
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases made while traveling abroad
- 0% introductory APR for 12 months on Balance Transfers made within 45 days of account opening. After that, a variable APR will apply, 17.24%, 21.24% or 24.24%, based on your creditworthiness.
- There is a fee for balance transfers.
If you don't have excellent credit yet, view all of our cards for average credit here >>