Do you have some debt you want to pay off? Are you planning on buying a new bedroom set? Or maybe you just want to charge some airline tickets for your honeymoon. If you need a few extra months to pay off a purchase, you should consider getting a credit card with a 0% introductory APR on purchases. The catch is to make sure you plan your payments correctly so you’re not stuck with a huge balance at the end of your introductory period with a high interest rate. Making sure you pay off your entire balance in the introductory period is key to making this card beneficial instead of detrimental to your credit.
Another perk for 0% APR cards is that most of them offer a rewards program. Not only can you buy your airfare to Europe, but you can also receive a sign up bonus for spending a certain amount in the first few months. There are a variety of rewards cards that offer a 0% introductory offer, you just have to pick the one that is right for you! Here are our 2016 Top Picks for 0% APR credit cards:
1. Citi Simplicity® Card
Citi Simplicity® Card - 0% APR for 21 Months
Our partner Citi®, is one of the only issuers who is offering a whopping 21 months of no interest! That’s almost 2 years free and clear! This card is ideal if you have a larger debt you want to pay off, but need more time to make payments.
- The ONLY card with No Late Fees, No Penalty Rate, and No Annual Fee… EVER.
- 0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers and Purchases for 21 months. After that, the variable APR will be 13.24% - 23.24% based on your creditworthiness.
- There is a balance transfer fee of either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
- The same great rate for all balances, after the introductory period.
- Save time when you call with fast, personal help, 24 hours a day – just say “representative”
- Enjoy the convenience of setting up your own bill payment schedule on any available due date throughout the month.
2. Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card - 0% APR for 21 Months
Here is another offer from our partner Citi®, with an equally astonishing 21 months 0% APR. Not only are you offered 0% on purchases, but you won’t have to pay interest on you balance transfers for 21 months either.
- Get 0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers and Purchases for 21 months. After that, the APR will be 12.24%-22.24% based upon your creditworthiness.*
- There is a balance transfer fee of either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer.
- 24/7 access to Citi® Concierge for help in booking hotels, flights and more.
- $0 liability on unauthorized purchases and Citi® Identity Theft Solutions.
- No annual fee*
- Free access to FICO® Scores*
3. BankAmericard Cash Rewards™ Credit Card BankAmericard Cash Rewards™ Credit Card - 0% APR for 12 Billing Cycles
Bank of America’s cash rewards card doesn’t have quite as lengthy of a no interest period as Citi®, but they do offer a rewards program. In the first 12 billing cycles you have the card open you’ll enjoy interest free purchases and earn 1% cash back on every purchase. Sounds like free money to us!
- No annual fee
- $100 online cash rewards bonus after you spend at least $500 on purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn 1% cash back on every purchase, 2% at grocery stores and now at wholesale clubs, and 3% on gas up to the first $2,500 in combined grocery/wholesale club/gas purchases each quarter.
- No changing categories and no expiration on rewards
- 0% Introductory APR for 12 billing cycles for purchases AND for any balance transfers made in the first 60 days, then, 13.24% - 23.24% Variable APR. 3% fee (min $10) applies to balance transfers.
- Get a 10% customer bonus every time you redeem your cash back into a Bank of America® checking or savings account
- If you're a Preferred Rewards client, you can increase that bonus to 25% - 75%. Click "Apply Now" to learn more about Preferred Rewards.
Click Here to see all of our credit cards with great intro rewards!