Do you have some debt you want to pay off? Are you planning on buying a new bedroom set? Or maybe you just want to charge some airline tickets for your honeymoon. If you need a few extra months to pay off a purchase, you should consider getting a credit card with a 0% introductory APR on purchases. The catch is to make sure you plan your payments correctly so you’re not stuck with a huge balance at the end of your introductory period with a high-interest rate. Making sure you pay off your entire balance in the introductory period is key to making this card beneficial instead of detrimental to your credit.
Another perk for 0% APR cards is that most of them offer a rewards program. Not only can you buy your airfare to Europe, but you can also receive a sign-up bonus for spending a certain amount in the first few months. There are a variety of rewards cards that offer a 0% introductory offer, you just have to pick the one that is right for you! Here are our 2016 Top Picks for 0% APR credit cards:
1. Citi Simplicity® Card
Citi Simplicity® Card - 0% APR for 21 Months
Our partner Citi®, is one of the only issuer who is offering a whopping 21 months of no interest! That’s almost 2 years free and clear! This card is ideal if you have a larger debt you want to pay off, but need more time to make payments.
- The ONLY card with No Late Fees, No Penalty Rate, and No Annual Fee…EVER
- 0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers and Purchases for 21 months. After that, the variable APR will be 14.99% - 24.99% based on your creditworthiness*
- There is a balance transfer fee of either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- The same great rate for all balances, after the introductory period
- Save time when you call with fast, personal help, 24 hours a day – just say “representative”
- Enjoy the convenience of setting up your own bill payment schedule on any available due date throughout the month
2. Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card - 0% APR for 21 Months
Here is another offer from our partner Citi®, with an equally astonishing 21 months 0% APR. Not only are you offered 0% on purchases, but you won’t have to pay interest on you balance transfers for 21 months either.
- Get 0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers and Purchases for 21 months. After that, the variable APR will be 13.99% - 23.99% based upon your creditworthiness*
- There is a balance transfer fee of either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer
- Citi® Price Rewind searches for lower prices online for 60 days for your registered purchases: you can get back up to $500 per item and $2,500 a year*
- $0 liability on unauthorized purchases and Citi® Identity Theft Solutions
- No annual fee*
- Free access to FICO® Scores*
3. BankAmericard Cash Rewards™ Credit Card BankAmericard Cash Rewards™ Credit Card - 0% APR for 12 Billing Cycles
Bank of America’s cash rewards card doesn’t have quite as lengthy of a no interest period as Citi®, but they do offer a rewards program. In the first 12 billing cycles, you have the card open you’ll enjoy interest-free purchases and earn 1% cash back on every purchase. Sounds like free money to us!
- No annual fee
- $150 online cash rewards bonus after you spend at least $500 on purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn 1% cash back on every purchase, 2% at grocery stores and wholesale clubs, and 3% on gas for the first $2,500 in combined grocery/wholesale club/gas purchases each quarter
- No changing categories and no expiration on rewards
- 0% Introductory APR for 12 billing cycles for purchases AND for any balance transfers made in the first 60 days, then, 13.99% - 23.99% Variable APR. 3% fee (min $10) applies to balance transfers
- Get a 10% customer bonus every time you redeem your cash back into a Bank of America® checking or savings account
- If you're a Preferred Rewards client, you can increase that bonus to 25% - 75%
Click Here to see all of our credit cards with great intro rewards!